Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    G-AVLN in front of her home

    G-AVLN in front of her home

    Mostly Unix and Linux topics. But flying might get a mention too.

    Thursday, July 05, 2007

    Default gateway in Solaris 10

    I'm spending a lot of time switching between different versions of UNIX and Linux, and the detailed syntax of the command line stuff keeps catching me out. So I will start documenting for myself (and any QA-IQ colleagues) some of the most popular things that are needed in our classrooms.

    This week it is a turn of Solaris 10 (ix86), in our Swindon office. Our infrastructure is such that the 192.168.1.254 gateway requires an argument of 1 where the 'metric' value used to be. No rocket science - just the command line syntax, but it kept me unconnected for far too long (or am I getting too indoctrinated by the Linux syntax and the power of the ip command there?).

    Anyway: to add the default gateway to the Solaris 10 :

    # route add default 192.168.1.254 1

    Then obviously adjust the browser settings to the correct proxy for your location (with port 8080 on QA-IQ sites). In the Mozilla version provided with Solaris 10 you can find the settings in Edit --> Preferences --> Advanced --> Proxies.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Thanks. It helped me

    Blog Archive